You have no items in your shopping cart.
It’s that time of year again. The evenings are well and truly drawing in and after work surfs are pretty much a thing of the past until next year. This weekend the clocks go back, which can only mean one thing.. It’s time for our Warriors of Winter competition!
We’ve decided to make this one even bigger. Last year’s competition was only open to UK breaks, but this year we’re having two categories. UK and Rest of Europe. We’ll also be doing spot prizes throughout the season.
We’re still deciding the prizes for this year, and we’ll keep everyone updated with news as it happens. If last year was anything to go by, you know the prizes will definitely be worth taking ridiculously big, icy cold drops for!
Our judges said it was very difficult to pick a winner, but in the end the top spot went to Pete Geall for this shot taken at the Cribbar, and his chosen prize was a custom 8’6 Jim Banks gun.
How to Enter
To enter the competition:
- Upload your entries to your Instagram
- Tag @downthelinesurf and #warriorsofwinter
Your wave must be in the “UK” or “Rest of Europe” and during 26th October to 29th March (when the clocks change).
All surfing styles and all wave types are encouraged, and if you have any heavy wipeouts we would love to see those too…
The finalists will be sent to our international judging panel, we will announce their identities soon.
We also understand the importance of keeping secret spots… secret. We will not publish the location of any spots considered secret although we may need to confirm they are indeed European waves.
Terms & Conditions:
- Down the Line Warriors of Winter Instagram Competition. To participate in this competition, users must share their image on Instagram using the hashtag #warriorsofwinter and you must tag @downthelinesurf
- The competition will run from 26th October 2019 until 23:59 on 29th March 2020.
- There will be one winner selected by our panel of judges for the UK, and one winner for the Rest of Europe. NB. Ireland will be classed as “Rest of Europe”. Entries made after the 29th March will not be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary, however you will need an internet connection and access to Instagram. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the promotion, including in relation to the use of the internet.
- Employees or affiliates or Down the Line Surf Co. may enter their own waves to the competition for stoke factor, but will not be eligible for judging and will not win any prizes.
- You may enter as many times as you like, however you must have full ownership rights or permission to enter the video or photo from the rightful owner
- The wave must have been shot inbetween the competition opening dates.
- We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
- The winner will have 48 hours to acknowledge their prize from the date that they are announced as a winner. After this time we reserve the right to select a new winner.
- The decisions of Down the Line Surf Co. and the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By taking part in this promotion, all participants consent to us collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this promotion.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK General Data Protection Regulations and will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual’s prior consent.
- Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g.: be photographed for website/magazine stories, and provide a short statement about their win.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- This promotion is subject to Instagram’s terms of services which can be found at: https://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/
- Promoter: Down the Line Surf Co. Ltd. Market Square Arcade, Hayle, Cornwall TR27 4EA Website address: www.downthelinesurf.co.uk
Get in there and go hard!!!